Sunday, August 28, 2011

Republicans for reelecting Obama

I don't know him. I didn't vote for him. I do know Barack Obama is in the position he is only because God gave him the authority he now has. David was anointed the next king of Israel while Saul and successory son Jonathan were still alive.  Even though David knew the Lord delivered Saul into his hand in a cave, David dared not take the life of God's anointed and cut off only a corner of Saul's robe to prove to Saul he meant no harm to Saul's throne. I am a Republican, but I can't understand why other Republicans were already campaigning against Obama for 2012 when he had just won the 2008 election.

When I examine Obama's presidency, how he is able to maintain his composure in the face of a crumbling capitalistic system by which the economic status of his country was downgraded despite his efforts and bipartisan encouragement, I can only thank God for him. When I examine Obama walking through the disaster-swept areas of this nation with his tie off and sleeves rolled up, looking ready to lend a hand chance he be asked to do so by a struggling homeowner examining what was once the site of his home, I can only praise God for him.

If Obama had done something terribly wrong in his presidency, I may have had another opinion of him, but in his words and actions I can find no wrong.  The old adage says, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Why not reelect Barack Obama and see what more he can do to help this nation?  I don't know him, but I do pray for him.  I didn't vote for him, but I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment